School’s out, summer’s here! That means times for cookouts and fun times with family and friends! But planning the perfect cookout can be daunting. We have put together a few simple tips for you to make the process a little easier. Keep reading to see the products you need, and gather some inspiration to have the ultimate cookout this summer.
For serving up your hotdogs or hamburgers, we love our Theron Medium Olive Board and Tuckahoe East Asian Medium Walnut Cutting Board. The size of these are perfect for serving a small group. For a bigger group, smoke a Boston Butt, pull it on our Limited Edition Medium Maple Nautical Board and serve it buffet style. No cookout is complete without a pasta salad or coleslaw. Serve these in your favorite bowl with our Tuscan Olive Wood Utensils or French Olive Wood Utensils.
To have the ultimate Father’s Day Cookout, here are some tips:
- Get creative with cookout locations! Do you live in a cul-de-sac? Get your neighborhood together and have everyone bring a dish for a potluck cook out! Go to a local park. You might have to grill your food beforehand, but it is a fun way to get out of the house and get together with friends!
- For a potluck, make sure to plan ahead! Get a list of what everyone is bringing, and fill in the gaps of what your cookout needs. A good idea is to have your guests bring sides, and you can take charge of the meat and dessert!
- Don’t skip the grilled veggies! Throw corn on the cob, summer squash, or even pineapple on the grill and serve it up! You won’t regret it. The Defined Dish has a great grilled veggie resource for a grilling novice.
- Grill bananas and serve on ice cream for a grilled banana split!
- Of course, get all your outdoor games ready! We love this yard beer pong, yard LCR, and ladder toss, just to name a few!
We are so excited to launch our NEWEST product, the Egret Teak Edge Grain and Egret Teak End Grain Board WITH Tablet Holder. These new boards are the best Father’s Day gift for the dad who loves to experiment in the kitchen, like ours! We love how they perfectly hold your iPad in place, making it super easy to refer to your recipe without getting your tablet dirty! And pro-tip, go to your settings and turn your “auto lock” to “never” so your recipe stays at hand the whole time you’re cooking!
We are wishing y’all the best summertime fun and a Happy Happy Father’s Day! If you want to get your new boards with tablet holders in, order at least two weeks in advance just to be sure it gets to you in time for Dad to unwrap on his special day!
What’s your favorite way to cook out? Let us know in the comments. And don’t forget to sign up for texts by texting ‘WRENBLOG’ to (833) 483-1281 and receive a 15% off discount code!
We know how much you love your WREN Home board, so we want you to keep it forever! In order to do that, you have to take proper care of wooden cutting boards. It’s not a lot of work, and you don’t have to do this daily or even weekly! About once every three weeks, take some time to care for your WREN cutting board.