We couldn't be more excited to be featuring the talented food blogger Jenna Codner, otherwise known as @freshman.fifteeen on Instagram!
We love her fun, witty takes on healthy eating. As a college student at Auburn (GO TIGERS!), Jenna had to learn how to make her low FODMAP diet (due to health issues) work for a busy (and social!) life. As a result, she has come up with some incredible recipes that are low FODMAP diet-friendly, and quickly made gluten, dairy, soy-free if needed!
Welcome to the WREN family, Jenna! Checkout out her guest post below:
If you're wondering how to achieve fast fajitas that sizzle off your plate and make you feel the ambiance of your favorite Mexican restaurant, you're in the right place! Quarantine has our family craving our go-to dinner spots, Mexican food being at the top of that list!
Sadly, even before Quarantine, I had to move away from certain spices when I started the low-FODMAP diet to help with stomach discomfort. This fajita recipe is not only fast, but it will not cause the bloating or upset stomach that many recipes do! Win-Win if you ask me! It is onion, garlic, and gluten-free, oh, and did I mention: DELICIOUS! To top it off, it is perfectly displayed on the Theron Large Olive Slab WREN board, taking quarantine eating to the next level!
Fajita Seasoning (for multiple batches):
- 2 tablespoons of ground ancho chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground oregano
- ½ teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ yellow bell pepper
- ½ green bell pepper
- 1 pound of beef and chicken
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Gluten-free or flour tortilla wraps (my personal FAV are Toufayan)
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- 1 lime
- Shredded cheese
- Slice cleaned bell pepper into strips
- Grill beef and or chicken to rare
- Remove meat from grill and slice into strips
- Heat skillet to high heat and pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the skillet
- Heat a separate frying pan to medium-high heat and pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the frying pan
- Saute thinly sliced bell pepper strips on the frying pan (about 5 minutes)
- Place meat into the skillet, add fajita spice mixture to taste (about 1-2 tablespoons) and cook until done
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Best served with:
-Gluten-free or flour tortillas (warmed in the microwave)
-A fresh margarita!
Seriously, it's that easy and a really great way to make a meal that feels like a celebration all by itself without any of the guilt that often follows a Mexican food feast!
Let us know in the comments how the recipe turns out!
The Perfect Charcuterie Board in 5 Steps
Here's the thing; there are a lot of fantastic charcuterie (say it with me: shahr-koo-tuh–ree) board guides out there, but over at WREN, we keep it nice and simple. Aka, if it can't be done in 12 minutes or less, it's probably not going to happen. So we threw together a quick n' simple serving option, that will wow even the most critical of cheese-board connoisseurs.