Celebrate Mom this year by throwing a Mother's Day Tea with the girls! There is nothing better than an outdoor tea to welcome spring and celebrate all the moms with delicious tea and lots of yummy treats. We've put together a guide to the perfect tea using a few of WREN Home's best selling products.
The Perfect Tea
We're here to show you the ropes if you are new to tea time! Of course, the most essential part of hosting an afternoon tea party for mom is choosing what tea you'll serve. You'll want to have Mom's favorite tea on hand, but if you're not sure, you're safe with these teas:
- Earl Grey: This is the most popular black tea around. Early Grey has a natural citrus and bergamot flavor that pairs well with sweets (which you will be having)!
- Assam: This tea is of Indian origin and pairs well with all types of tea sandwiches due to its tannic flavor. It is also known for being Queen Elizabeth's favorite tea- how can you go wrong!
- Darjeeling: The third most famous afternoon tea, this tea has a floral flavor and tastes delicious, accompanied by tea treats and snacks.
It is a good idea to serve more than one type of tea, so Mom and guests can try a variety to see which they like the best. Once done, serve mom in her personalized glass tea mug. Once she's finished sipping her tea, she'll have a fabulous new mug to use forever!
Classic Tea Time Scones
Tea time isn’t complete without crumbly and delicious scones, especially when they’re homemade. We swear by this simple English Scones Recipe from Plated Cravings. These little guys are easy and quick to make and so delicious with tea or as a side at brunch. You can even freeze what you don't eat and have them later! Regarding the clotted cream that you'll want to have with your scones, it can be quite expensive outside of the UK but very worth the price tag. If you're going to swap out the authentic clotted cream for something easier to find, soft butter, whipped cream, or marscapone are equally delicious.
Photo courtesy of Mary Berry's Fantastic Feasts
Chicken Salad Tea Sandwiches
Put a spin on traditional English tea snacks with addictive chicken salad tea sandwiches by the Southern Lady. These little sandwiches are light, sweet and savory making them delicious tea time snacks. We served our version of this chicken salad below on a Tuckahoe Board with crackers and grapes for a simple afternoon snack.
In a pinch for time? Below are a few quick and easy tea time snacks and sweets that will make tea time prep much easier:
- Bello Rustico Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper Crostini
- Dolcetto Hazelnut Wafers
- Mandy's Simply Sugar Cookie Thins
- Tiny Tates Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Dolcetto Zesty Lemon Wafers
Now that you have a great guide for tea time, it's time to enjoy and celebrate mom the way she deserves!
We know how much you love your WREN Home board, so we want you to keep it forever! In order to do that, you have to take proper care of wooden cutting boards. It’s not a lot of work, and you don’t have to do this daily or even weekly! About once every three weeks, take some time to care for your WREN cutting board.